The Trinity CertPT is for teachers seeking to update, improve and enrich their professional teaching practice. It draws upon qualified TESOL teachers’ existing knowledge of teaching practice and theory, while promoting the acquisition and refinement of the specialist skills needed to develop and use effective teaching resources.
The guided learning aspect can be tailored to suit your development needs, focusing on Young Learners, Pre-Primary Education or Communicative Language Teaching (CLT). Through our partners at NILE-ELT we can offer a wider range of specialisms, including Teacher-to-Trainer. We offer courses run and delivered by UKTA (minimum 5 people) or courses with our education partner NILE-ELT.
Each candidate must complete four written assessment tasks where they evaluate, adapt, create and reflect on the use of resources, informed by knowledge and insight.
Why do the CertPT?
- The course is internationally accredited at Level 6 of the UK and European Qualifications Framework so can help you get jobs abroad and is useful for migration purposes.
- It is a bridge between CELTA and DELTA.
- You can choose which area to specialize in so can tailor the course to your interests.
Back to Course List
Mode of Delivery:
Extensive courses will be Saturday and Tuesday for 12 weeks.
- 15 January – 1 March 2022 (extensive)
- 12 March – 26 April 2022 (extensive)
- 21 May – 9 July 2022 (extensive)
- 14 July – 10 August 2022 (intensive)
- 13 September – 29 October 2022 (extensive)
- 12 November – 27 December 2022 (extensive)
Intensive courses will be Monday to Friday for four weeks.
Part time for 12 weeks. 100 hours made up of, a minimum 30-hours of guided learning, plus 70-hours self-study.
Independent User of English (CEFR B2+).
An initial teaching qualification and six months teaching experience, or two years teaching experience.
Maximum Class Size: